When applying for an academic position, one has to do more than just include a teaching statement in the portfolio. A true candidate also has to provide a research argument. This research statement is meant to give the detailed information that will cover more things than just the course list, CV information, and publishing record.
It is not a secret that a research statement should be robust and short. The majority of research statements should not be more than two pages, unless you have been given different direct instructions from your tutor or supervisor. Therefore, it is time to be as precise as possible and provide only convincing points. Your goal is to make a strong argument not in five pages, but only in two.
Usually, the majority of research statements look alike. They follow a specific template. First of all, the goal is to tell about yourself as a researcher. Second, you should describe briefly your interests. Third, the reader should be able to see how your research will develop in the future. Finally, it is recommended to point to your accomplishments as well as to the way they help you to achieve new objectives.
Earn 10% from all orders made by people you bring!
Your people also get a 17% discount on their first orderRefer to friend
Today, one can find online many useful templates for constructing the research statement. Quite often, these samples include the following:
- Present your future research by stating the research outline. Start with identifying a primary research question. Demonstrate to the reader that you have made an independent and precise primary research. The scholarly publications should be definitely mentioned as well as your passion and drive to take out everything from your research. Do not be shy and convince potential readers that your work is worth reading. In this assignment, you are allowed to use such personal pronouns as “my” and “I”. This kind of paper is your personal teaching statement; it means that it is about you and written by you. Do not forget to make the necessary connections. Try to convince the readers that you are aware of the peculiarities of the faculty, department and institution where you are sending your application.
- Write about your key focus. State your central issue, unaddressed yet. It is much more interesting to read someone’s research statement if a solid foundation is given. What are the reasons that it have not been addressed yet? What are your actions in addressing it? Share your approach to solving this problem. Describe the research in a politically correct way. Use this formula: Big problem + approach + challenge. Apply this approach to your different projects.
- Give clear explanation of the personal research interests toward academics both outside and inside your major. Explain the meaning of success to you. What grants have you already received? What kind of collaborations have you made?
- Conclude the research statement with future goals andplans.
Your statement should help the readers to get such points as:
- Overall understanding of your project. What is your direction at this point and for the future research?
- A capability to be successful centered on prior research agenda and success.
- Your areas of specialty, short- and long-term goals, academic talent, potential to get grants, etc.
First-Class Online Research Paper Writing Service
- Your research paper is written by a PhD professor
- Your requirements and targets are always met
- You are able to control the progress of your writing assignment
- You get a chance to become an excellent student!